Mr. Gledis Gjipali has considerable experience in managing and implementing several projects on European union Integration,
experience that he first reflected in the position of the Program Director and later of the Executive Director of EMA. Some of the most important initiatives undertaken include: The National Convention on EU Integration, a platform about the cooperation between state institutions and civil society; European Integration and Negotiation Academy, with main focus the preparation of experts from various sectors regarding EU accession negotiations; Euro Speak, an informative window on the European Union and the progress of the integration process.
Mr. Gjipali graduated from the Faculty of Law at the University of Tirana in 2004. In 2005 he conducted a working practice at the Council of Europe, General Directorate of Political Affairs. He has worked for several years at the Ministry of European Integration (2004-2008) at the Legislation Approximation Directorate, addressing areas of immigration, organized crime, judicial cooperation, human rights and personal data protection. Later in the Justice and Home Affairs Department, he was engaged in the reform of the judicial system and property rights. During this period, he has been a member of the working teams for drafting important strategic documents such as the National Plan for Legislation Approximation, the National Plan for the Implementation of the MSA, etc. He has been as well a member of the Albania-EU Working Groups in which a constant reporting was made about the issues and the progress achieved in different fields.
He has published several studies and reports in the field of European Integration, Rule of Law, free movement of persons, EU assistance in regional and rural development, electoral systems and parliament. For several years he has been the author of Freedom House's Nations in Transit Countries Report for Albania. He is a member of the National Council of European Integration as well as in some other advisory boards related to research and civil society.
- G. Gjipali co-author, Visa Suspension Mechanism as a last resort to protect the Schengen area, 2017.
- G. Gjipali Explaining Berlin Process to the Foreign Service, February 2016.
- G. Gjipali co-author Regional Convention on European Integration of Western Balkans, Short Overview of the European Integration Processes in Montenegro, Serbia and Albania. September 2015.
- G. Gjipali Freedom House, Nation in Transit Report 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015.
- G. Gjipali Policy Paper “A study on accession negotiations institutional set up: In quest of efficiency and multi-actor involvement”, June 2014.
- G. Gjipali co-author Feasibility Study on Constituency Offices in Albania, December 2013.
- G. Gjipali co-author Brochure “Local government institutions”, April 2013.
- G. Gjipali co-author Policy Study - An insight into the employment promotion programs in Albania and the country’s challenges in benefiting from the Human Resources Development Component (IPA IV), 2012.
- Policy Paper: Beyond the candidate status - new approach towards the EU accession. 2012.
- G. Gjipali Policy Brief - 12 key priorities for Albania: Where do we stand? October 2011
- G. Gjipali co-author Policy Brief - Which role for the Albanian parliament in the EU integration process? Assessment of the oversight role and administrative capacities, 2010.
- G. Gjipali Scenarios of an Application: On the verge of the Opinion of European Commission on Albania's. December 2010
- G. Gjipali co-author “Monitoring Report - Albania in the Stabilisation and Association Process” November 2010.
- G. Gjipali “Assessment of administrative capacities of the Albanian Institutions in fulfilling the European Commission Questionnaire”. February 2010, UNDP.
- G. Gjipali co-author Towards A Visa Free Regime”, December 2007
- “Informative Guide for the EU Assistance Programs”, January 2009
- G. Gjipali co-author “Monitoring Report - Albania in the Stabilization and Association Process” May 2009
- G. Gjipali co-author “Manual of European Integration process”, February 2009
- G. Gjipali co-author Policy Paper “Albania’s application for membership in the EU, Time for tangible results” January 2009
- G. Gjipali Policy paper “Visa Liberalization, Implication of a proposal”, September 2009
- G. Gjipali A tour on the EC Progress Reports for Albania, The impact on Albania’s application for EU membership, December 2009
- G. Gjipali “EU Assistance: Missed opportunities for local authorities”, November 2008